This is an analysis of the poem Bisper Og Præster, Som Axled Ved Daaben that begins with:
Bisper og Præster, som axled ved Daaben
Helligdags-Kjortlen og Altergangs-Kaaben,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX XXXXaa XXbXXX XXcXXX XXXXXX XXXbdd XXXbXX XXccXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011110110 10010110010 1010110110 101011010 111110001 10101111 101011001 10100111 101011010 101111010 1111100001 1101101001 10011111 111111010 1010110010 10111001 11111101 111111001 1011101010 11110110100 11111101 1011011110 110101111 11011101 11100110110 11111101110 101100101 1111001010 1011110 100111001 101111101 10110110100 1110110100 101110010 11111011 10011001 10111011 0011011 111110101 1010010110 111011101 11100101 0111111 100101101 10111101 111110001 111100111 110110011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 219
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og, i, som, de are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word vidner is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ved, rk, de, st are repeated).
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase de connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bisper Og Præster, Som Axled Ved Daaben;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.