This is an analysis of the poem In The Dust Left By Your Footsteps that begins with:
Listen to me, my beloved,
No peace do I find without you,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaX XbcX deXf dXfX Xdec fXgg cgbh ccca cXhe cdag fXeh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011010 11111011 10101011 11101010 100110100 11111011 11101010 00111111 11111110 11101010 11100110 11111010 01011111 010011010 110101010 1001110 11101110 10100010 11111100 00101110 11101110 10100011 11101101 00101110 11110010 11111111 10111011 10111110 01111010 10110110 00111010 00111110 01111010 10101110 11000110 00111110 11111010 11100110 11100101 001000111 10100010 1111110 10110110 0010110
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you're, and, my, i'm, you, i, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i'm, you're are repeated.
The author used the same word you're at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In The Dust Left By Your Footsteps;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.