This is an analysis of the poem The Mother that begins with:
IN the sorrow and the terror of the nations,
In a world shaken through by lamentations, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbb aacc XXdd eeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001010100010 00110111000 1111100 1110101 111100100010 111010101010 0111101 1010111 111110101100 111011110010 11100101 1011101 1110101010110 111111111110 0010111 1111100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 707
- Average number of words per stanza: 124
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Mother;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.