This is an analysis of the poem Famous that begins with:
The river is famous to the fish.
The loud voice is famous to silence, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abc da e ff bcd XX Xade aXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,3,2,1,2,3,2,4,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 010010001 011010010 110101001 01100011 0110101010001 1010010 0101010001 001011010110 0100110 01010001 1101011 10101001 011010100011100 1111100011010 1100100101 111101 101001001 10101111 110010001010010 10101101001010100 101010011011
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 95
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, famous, who are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same words the, i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines bosom is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Famous;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.