This is an analysis of the poem Boy And Egg that begins with:
Every few minutes, he wants
to march the trail of flattened rye grass...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXXbXcdcdbeeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 10011011 010101011 10010100 11111 01011010111 0110011110 001101010 111001101 1101101001 100100111 100001001 110101 11001010 0001010 101001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 490
- Average number of words per stanza: 99
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Boy And Egg;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.