This is an analysis of the poem A Wreath To The Fish that begins with:
Who is this fish, still wearing its wealth,
flat on my drainboard, dead asleep,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabbcXdXXcdXdbdeXfXXeXaXfbgdgX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 30,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 100111001 11110101 01011100101 10001001 01010001001 100111010 100110100011 110011111 0101110110110 100101001 100010011001 110010101101 100010011111 110110011 111111 0110001 01010010010010 111001010 11001010111 11011101101 110111010010 010010010 0110100101 110010111101 110011011010 10010001001 110111110010 100001011 01010010100 101010010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1267
- Average number of words per stanza: 238
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and, it are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words never, that, the are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines stream is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of A Wreath To The Fish;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.