This is an analysis of the poem With Regard To Dogs that begins with:
Only the human dead may lie
In God's good acre wide and fair; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdededfcfcededgdgdecechbhb iaia
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 32,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010111 01010111 101100111 111101 11110110 11010111 011111110 110111 11010111 11111101 11110101 010101 11111101 10010101 11111001 010101 11110101 01011101 01011111 100101 11111101 11001101 11011111 100101 11110101 11010111 00010101 0100100 11110101 11010101 110011101 010111 11111101 01000111 11010101 010111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 627
- Average number of words per stanza: 114
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words not, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of With Regard To Dogs;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.