This is an analysis of the poem Oh Mountains Of Albania that begins with:
Oh mountains of Albania and you, oh trees so lofty,
Broad plains with all your flowers, day and night I contemplate you,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabXcdeacXdXXaaebXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110001001111110 110111011111011 1101100111110100 111100011111010 0011111111111110 11110101011011 101001110111110100 1111101010101010 0100111010111110 111101010111001 1010001111101010 1110011010100010 010101010101110 010101011101110 1110101110101010 1011011010101010 1101101011101010 1010111010101110 1010101100100010 1011101011101111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1353
- Average number of words per stanza: 232
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 67 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, you, oh, me, in, where are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word where is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase you connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Oh Mountains Of Albania;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Naim Frashëri
- Analysis of Qerbelaja
- Analysis of Hope
- Analysis of "History Of Scanderbeg&Quot; Excerpt From Canto V