This is an analysis of the poem Lullaby For The Hungry that begins with:
Sleep, You hungry people, sleep!
The gods of food watch over you....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABXbcXdefcgcfcXcAgcchhAeiXcdXhciAgXhbhABAB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 42,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101 01011101 10111100 1100011111 10101110100 100111110 11010101 1011011010 110101010 100010101 1001 1001010 1001001010 100001001 1001001100 111100101010 1110101 1101001001 00101101 101011001 110010010 100101101 1110101 11110101 1111001 0100110111 11010110 111001001 111010101 100100010 11010011 00101111 1110101 11011000111 1001101010 001001100 11111001 11111111 1110101 01011101 1110101 01011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1518
- Average number of words per stanza: 272
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; sleep, you, as, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lullaby For The Hungry;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.