This is an analysis of the poem Banu’s Son Has Had No Water For Days that begins with:
Banu’s son has had no water for days
His pulse is weak and his mother prays ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaba cc ddee af gggg hh iiXa ii ciii ia Xjca ii aaii dd kicX fa ddhd hi jhXh ga cckb ib bijiXai
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,2,4,2,4,2,4,2,4,2,4,2,4,2,4,2,4,2,4,2,4,2,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011111011 010110101 11010101011 101101010001 11111111110 010111101 11101101111 1101110101 1111010111 110111011101 111111001 1011111111 1101111010 11111011010 01001011010 01010101 10101001001 0101010101 11001000111 01010011 11011100101 11101011011 1101110111 0111110101 1010010111 0010111011 1001010101 011010100111 000101000101 11011011001 01000101101 111010001 01001000111 010101100101 1010110111 00100100111 1110101001011001 1111011001 00100111101 1010010001011 1111111101 10101011101 1110101111 1101111111 11110011111 11011101111 001010101111 11010111001 1110100101 011001110001 110101101 1010110101 101010101 10111001 01111011101 110010101 11111111 01100111101 10111001101 00101111001 1010010101 10101001011 1101000101 01011010101 0101101001 110100101 1010101000101 1010010101011 1110111101 11101111011 10011010001 110100101
- Amount of stanzas: 24
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 131
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 72
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, ya, i, imam, and, he, arrow, my, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines imam, you, neck are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word neck at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Banu’s Son Has Had No Water For Days;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Mir Babar Ali Anees
- Analysis of When In Shaam The Caravan Of Widows Arrived
- Analysis of A Memorial For The Lives Lost In Karbala Was Done
- Analysis of Nothing More Precious Than Your Child In This World