This is an analysis of the poem Nuit D'Été that begins with:
Le violon, d'un chant très profond de tristesse,
Remplit la douce nuit, se mêle au son des cors ;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 01011110010 101111111111 11011011111 111111111001 0010101011 01011101111 11011111100 01111101110 11010111110 11011011010 1001111111 1110011110 11110011010 0110110010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 159
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; des, la are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word le is repeated.
The author used the same word le at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nuit D'Été;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.