This is an analysis of the poem Le Vaisseau D'Or that begins with:
Ce fut un grand Vaisseau taillé dans l'or massif :
Ses mâts touchaient l'azur, sur des mers inconnues ;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11111011101 111010111100 1101010111 1011101100 1111110011 1101011011 101010010011 1100011010 111101111100 1111110100 1111101110 11110101111 1010011101 11011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 162
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Le Vaisseau D'Or;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.