This is an analysis of the poem Devant Mon Berceau that begins with:
En la grand'chambre ancienne aux rideaux de guipure
Où la moire est flétrie et le brocart fané,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010101010 11101110101 1001000111111 11111111111 1010011010 101100110011 1100110100 101111110 111110101110 101111111110 110111011101 1111101100111 1111111100110 111010011111 1011110111110 11101010110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 187
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; et is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines bres is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Devant Mon Berceau;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.