This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet I that begins with:
Alas, hardpressed the whirling orbs
And swift Titan hie fleeting hours, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba cbdd dXXX Xc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,2,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 01110101 111011010 11010110 1111111 11101101 110111101 101111101 101110111 10011101 11111111 110101101 00101111 111100100 11111011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet I;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.