This is an analysis of the poem Song V that begins with:
To Thee, eternal Defender of all creation,
I call, frail, commiserate, nowhere secure. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa Xbac dXXc Xedf defX cbff afcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101001001010 11101011101 1101110110100 1001101101 011111011 11001101101 1101110011 100100111010 1110111101 111111100010 110110100111 0110101110 111110111 11110010111 1111111011 01010111111 11011001101 10001111 1010010111 0110111011 1101011110 1111110101 10110101001 1111111110 111001101 010001111101 111110101010 10110101010110
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 180
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and, who are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song V;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.