This is an analysis of the poem Song Iii that begins with:
Have mercy on me, my Lord,
For a foe treds o'er me and strives...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcd XeXf cgXh AAIF ejfX dgjh abXd kcce iaXk AAIF agca iXaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101111 101110111 10011101 1010110100 10111001 100101001 10010101 101110011 10010011 101101110 11010111 101100110 1111001 01100101 10010111 1101111 1101111001 01111101 01011111 010011100 01011100 110101010 0111100111 11011011 10111011 10110010110 111010100 10001001100 11100111010 11100011110 10111101 111001111 1010101101 101010111 111010100 1101011101 1111001 01100101 10010111 1101111 110011001 0110101110 010101011 1101111101 10101111 11101101 111111001 001100111
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 142
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; be, they, dost, thou, know, to, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Song Iii;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.