This is an analysis of the poem Epitaph To Rome that begins with:
If midst Rome you wish to see Rome, pilgrim,
Tho in Rome naught of Rome might you see,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcXbcaXcXcab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0111101110 101101111 01011010010 1101001011 10111010010 111110101 010010101001 111001110 0101011010 0100011101 01110111 10011011101 1110111001 1110011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 603
- Average number of words per stanza: 106
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; rome is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Epitaph To Rome;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.