This is an analysis of the poem A Song that begins with:
Dry leaf trembling on the branches
Before the blast,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbccdadddede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 111001010 0101 11100010 1111 11100011 10101010 1101 11001110 1101 11010111 111101001 101100101 0110101 0101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 395
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.