This is an analysis of the poem An Evening Reflection that begins with:
The day conceals its brilliant face,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabbabX Xbacdae XafegXX XXbXhai XXcbdab Xiehbga XdifXha Xaaebed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 01010101 11110101 11110101 110101 011100101 11001100 1 01010101 01010101 11100101 010001010 11110001 011101 1 01011101 101010111 01010101 11010101 110101 011100100 1 11110011 11010101 00010111 110101010 011100101 01111101 1 11110111 000101010 11010101 010101010 11000101 11110111 1 1111110001 11110101 010100110 1001101010 11001101 110100101 1 110101010 11011101 101110101 11010111 11011111 111101 1 010111011 110101 1111010001 11010101 110101101 111101010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 214
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, of, or are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, behold, why, or are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase stars connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Evening Reflection;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.