This is an analysis of the poem Forbidden Fruit that begins with:
all the forbidden fruit I ever
dreamt of--or was taught to...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXdefeegXacbefechddefehb Xg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 26,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101001110 101110 0111101 10100101 111010101 1100110 1001110010 101101001 001001001 0100100100 100111001 0100101110 011011010 1110111 010010010 100110011 10111010 10011110 1111001001 11111 11010111 01101101 011101 110111 1110 00111 010110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 414
- Average number of words per stanza: 78
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words of, the, i are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines fruit is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Forbidden Fruit;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.