This is an analysis of the poem A Prayer Unto Christ that begins with:
The Judge Of The World
O Dearest Dread, most glorious King,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bbXXXXaacXdXaaedXXffccggeeccXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,30,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001 110111001 10110101 11111101 011011010 11011100 11111000 01010011 101100111 01110101 11110111 11010100 1100100 01010101 11010111 11010011 11010100 010111001 110111001 11110101 11010101 10111101 11111101 110001010 011100010 11110111 11011101 11111101 10011101 11110111 110101110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 518
- Average number of words per stanza: 99
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Prayer Unto Christ;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.