This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Li: Calling To Mind that begins with:
Calling to mind, since first my love begun,
Th'uncertain times oft varying in their course, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababaaaacdcdee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001111110 10011100011 1111010011 10101111001 1011100011 1011110101 0101011101 0111011101 11011101010 1011110111 10110111010 10011010101 1111110101 1111010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 626
- Average number of words per stanza: 109
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Li: Calling To Mind;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Michael Drayton
- Analysis of Sonnet Lv: My Fair, If Thou Wilt
- Analysis of Sonnet Ii: My Heart Was Slain
- Analysis of Sonnet Xxvi: I Ever Love