This is an analysis of the poem Who Is At My Door? that begins with:
He said, 'Who is at my door?'
I said, 'Your humble servant.'...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX aaX bbbXcXbX XXXX cXXX XXXXXXXX XXXX XXXX bbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,8,4,4,8,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110111 1111010 111101110 1111111 111101101 1110111 11110110010 1110111 101101 10101 11111100 11111011 111110 11111110 010011011 111101110100 1111101 1110100110 1111110 111111 1111111101 11111101 11101010 111110101010 11110111 1111110 111100110 1111101100 11110000100 11111110 11110100 1110010100 1111101 111001 111111101 11101100 1111011000 111010100 11110100 111011000 1110100110 111111000010 111101011 1001110 0111010110 111011101 1101111111
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; said, ', i, you, my, witness are repeated.
The author used the same word he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ', love are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Who Is At My Door?;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.