This is an analysis of the poem Did I Not Say To You that begins with:
Did I not say to you, “Go not there, for I am your friend; in this
mirage of annihilation I am the fountain of life? ” ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXbcXbdcefaeXcaXdf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0111011111111100 010010101101001 101010101010100 010011010111111 0111010110010111 1010000101001010 01110111011110101 110111111101 011101111100111 110100111111 01110110111111 1111010111101010 01110110010110100 11100111101010001 0111011110101001 1011001011001001 010 011010011101000 1101110010111111 10
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1126
- Average number of words per stanza: 234
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 55 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, in, you, not, to, and, say are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Did I Not Say To You;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.