This is an analysis of the poem Babies And The Bathwater that begins with:
On some days of the week
They come up with the lotuses ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXX Xabc XcbX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,1,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111001 11100100 11011001 01110010 10010010001 10011101 1101111 10111110 00111101 0101001110 0110011010 01001111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 109
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Babies And The Bathwater;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Meena Kandasamy
- Analysis of Big Brother: An Epic In Eighteen Episodes
- Analysis of Celestial Celebrities
- Analysis of Eating Dirt