This is an analysis of the poem Amnesia, Selective that begins with:
When memory decides
To no longer bear the burdens—...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaba cXdeeb fgdacXgXfd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110001 01101010 0111010100 11010101 11010 10101001 1011111 1011011 1011010111 1010010100 1001010 110011 11011 1100101100 01110100110 11000110101010 1110011100111 1111010101011 0110110001010 010101110111010111011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 263
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Amnesia, Selective;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.