This is an analysis of the poem The Black Family Pledge that begins with:
BECAUSE we have forgotten our ancestors,
our children no longer give us honor....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ab cXd ad ee eXc beX bXaa a aX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,3,2,2,3,3,4,1,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110101110 1101101110 011110111101 100100101 11010111 0111100101110 110101 010110111011001110 110101110 011101011001001100 10101011010 11011101 0111010101010100011 11111001000110 100100 11110101010100011 100110001100010110100 011100111001101 1011111100110110 11110110 010011110110101 101010011111101010101101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 127
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; our, children, to are repeated.
The author used the same word because at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines sisters is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word sisters at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Black Family Pledge;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.