This is an analysis of the poem Preacher, Don't Send Me that begins with:
Preacher, don't send me
when I die...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXabcXc bdedXeXe faeaXeee bbdbXdfd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111 111 01110 001 1111 00101 1111 0111 1111 1101 1111 1101 110010 1111 01111 001001 1011 101 101 1111 1111 1101 1101 1111 1101 1101 1100110 11011 101001 101001 1011 11011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 151
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 18 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i've is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i've is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Preacher, Don't Send Me;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.