This is an analysis of the poem That The Soul May Wax Plump that begins with:
My dumpy little mother on the undertaker's slab
had a mannequin's grace. From chin to foot...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcXXXadeedXb deffXcfXXfXeXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11010101010001 1010010101 0111011101 1001011011 01101011001 011101110110 1110010010011 1010011111 010110100101 1111011101 10111010111 1011001011 010110101001 10011 10101111110010 010001010001001 0110110111101 011001011101 00101011011100 1010100010101 111101000101 110101111110 101000101010100 1010111111 111110111010 0010111000111 010011110100011 11010100011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 688
- Average number of words per stanza: 124
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, on, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word her is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines who is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of That The Soul May Wax Plump;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.