This is an analysis of the poem Little Lion Face that begins with:
Little lion face
I stopped to pick...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba bccX dccd cbbc effb gXXa hihg ecce ibbi fjjf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101 1101 010101 100101 110011 100101 0101101 100100 01101 1011101 111011 10100 01001 011101 110101 10111 1001101 11011 1111101 0011111 1100101 110110 101101 11110 101110 010011 11100 0111 1101001 01110 11010 01111 00111 100101 11111 1010101 1011 10101001 11110011 10011
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 95
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your is repeated.
The author used the same word an at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Little Lion Face;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.