This is an analysis of the poem Fountains Of Aix that begins with:
Beards of water
some of them have. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaabacacaabbdaadaaabcbXaaXXab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 30,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010 1001 1011010010 1001011010 1011 101011010 11110101 1011010 0101 0110100010 101101110 10011111 01101001 01010101 110101010 101011010 000111001 0100100100110 011111110 1101010010 101011001 10110111 011100101 10010101 1110010 10 101101 111111 110111010110 11101011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 995
- Average number of words per stanza: 169
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, water, faces, leaves, their are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines water is repeated).
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase water connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fountains Of Aix;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.