This is an analysis of the poem To A Friend that begins with:
Your head is steel cut into drooping lines
That make a mask satirically meek:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaacca aXaaaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101100101 1101100001 1101010101 0101011101 0101010011 1101000101 0101010101 1110010111 1011000101 11000010100 1111010111 1100010101 1111001001 0101101010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 283
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To A Friend;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.