This is an analysis of the poem Advice To A Street-Pavement that begins with:
Lacerated grey has bitten
Into your shapeless humility....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaXXb cbcXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10001110 001100100 10101010 11101011100 11101101 1110101 1011101 00101010 11000110 1110100 101111011 101110101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 201
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Advice To A Street-Pavement;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.