This is an analysis of the poem Her Beauty that begins with:
I heard them say, "Her hands are hard as stone,"
And I remembered how she laid for me... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXaabbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101101111100 1101011111 0101011101010 1101011111 11011100001 1100011001 111010101111 1111100101 0111010110 1100110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 477
- Average number of words per stanza: 85
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Her Beauty;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Max Plowman
- Analysis of When It's Over
- Analysis of Adventures of King Robert the Bruce
- Analysis of The Inauguration of the University College