This is an analysis of the poem Ici, C'Est Un Vieil Homme De Cent Ans that begins with:
Ici, c'est un vieil homme de cent ans
qui dit, selon la chair, Flandre et le sang :...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX aXXa XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101111011 1110111101 1001110011 1101101110 110111111 1111111100 111010101 1110110110 111011111 110011110 1011011111 1101010101 1111010110 10110101010 11111111100 1111011111 111011110 111111110 101001111 1001111100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; en, ses, et, des, de are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase en connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ici, C'Est Un Vieil Homme De Cent Ans;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.