This is an analysis of the poem Written At Paris, 1700. In The Beginning Of Robe's Geography that begins with:
Of all that William rules, or robe
Describes, great Rhea, of thy globe,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcccddeeffXbgghh eeee eeiiee ccjjjkk
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,4,6,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110111 01110011 11110101 01011101 110101111 11111111 11110111 110111010 010101110 11111111 0100001011 11111001 11111101 0111001000 011011010 01011101 11011111 11111111 11111111 11110101 11110101 01110101 11010101 10111101 01110101 11011101 01111101 110011101 01100111 11001101 11000101 01011111 01111111 11010111 11010111 11010011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 316
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; or, and, for, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Written At Paris, 1700. In The Beginning Of Robe's Geography;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Matthew Prior
- Analysis of Epigram - Thy Nags, The Leanest Things Alive
- Analysis of On Beauty. A Riddle
- Analysis of The Dying Adrian To His Soul