This is an analysis of the poem Truth And Falsehood. A Tale that begins with:
Once on a time, in sunshine weather,
Falsehood and Truth walk'd out together,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeecceffgghheeddccii ggeejjjjkkXXlljjeejjjllXeekkhh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 27,30,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101110 111111010 010011101 11000011 110010111 11010111 01010101 010010101 010101001 01010101 10010111 11010111 11010101 11111101 11110001 10011101 11000101 01010101 11110101 01110101 11010101 10110001 1000110110 11110001 11010101 10110101 11011101 001100101 01011101 10011001 11110111 11101101 11010101 010110111 11110111 11011101 11010101 11011010100 11010111000 11101101 01111111 100100111 11010101 01110011 01110101 11111101 110011101 01001111 111101010 010101010 11111101 11010101 11000101 11110101 11010001 010111101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 679
- Average number of words per stanza: 119
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, and, as are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Truth And Falsehood. A Tale;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Matthew Prior
- Analysis of An Epistle To Fleetwood Shephard, Esq.
- Analysis of The Despairing Shepherd
- Analysis of Full Oft Doth Matt. With Topaz Dine - In Chaucer's Style