This is an analysis of the poem Her Right Name that begins with:
As Nancy at her toilette sat,
Admiring this, and blaming that, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeffgghhbbXaaaiiccff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 28,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 01001101 11111111 01111101 11011101 01111101 01010101 01010111 110100101 11010101 001100111 11010101 10010001 01011101 01110111 11110011 110010101 10111111 01110111 11111111 11010101 11011101 11010001 1101111 01010001 11011101 11111111 1111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 987
- Average number of words per stanza: 183
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; nor, how are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Her Right Name;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.