This is an analysis of the poem She Stood Against The Orient Sun that begins with:
She stood against the Orient sun,
Her face inscrutable for light; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab bcbc cbcX ddXd XeXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 110101011 01010011 010010100 110010101 0100100101 11100101 110100101 00110101 01011101 01000101 10011101 10110100 1101101001 11110001 110010111 11000101 11011111 110101101 010111100 11011111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of She Stood Against The Orient Sun;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.