This is an analysis of the poem O Moon that begins with:
O moon, large golden summer moon,
Hanging between the linden trees, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba cddc daad ebXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 10010101 10010101 10010101 11110111 010101001 11101101 11111111 010000101 11010011 110010101 11110001 11000101 01110111 11011101 110000111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 148
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of O Moon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.