This is an analysis of the poem Internal Firesides that begins with:
Bewilderingly, from wildly shaken cloud,
Invisible hands, deft moving everywhere, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba cdceed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 10000010101 01001110101 11001010101 1101100101 1111010101 11011100101 1101111001001 1100010101 1101010101 0101010100 1111111101 11010101101 1111010101 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 313
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Internal Firesides;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Mathilde Blind
- Analysis of The Beautiful Beeshareen Boy
- Analysis of Reapers
- Analysis of I Am Athirst, But Not For Wine