This is an analysis of the poem The Magi To The Star that begins with:
Star, on thy Heaven-returning way,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcbc dede fefe c ghgh fifi ijij klkl g ajaj Xgbg bfbf ijijXfjfj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,1,4,4,4,4,1,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1110 111100101 11001101 01110011 0101001001 11010101 11110101 11110101 10010101 11111111 11110100 11110101 11111101 11 11111100 11110101 11001101 11010101 11011101 01010111 10010101 00110001 01010101 110010011 11010001 11010100 11111101 11110111 11011111 11010001 111 01010111 011110101 11010100 01010101 11011100 01110101 01010110 11010101 11010101 110101011 01011111 11110101 11100101 11011101 010101001 01010001 10010101 11111111 11111111 101011111
- Amount of stanzas: 15
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 117
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 51
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words when, one are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Magi To The Star;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Mary Hannay Foott
- Analysis of The Massacre Of The Bards
- Analysis of The Future Of Australia
- Analysis of At The Fords Of Jordan