This is an analysis of the poem The Train that begins with:
A green eye-and a red-in the dark.
Thunder-smoke-and a spark.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa bb cc dd bb ee dd ff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011101001 101101 00100111 1000111 001010101 1001001 01001001 1000111 01101001 011101 0110101 101111 111111 0100101 1101011 111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 60
- Average number of words per stanza: 12
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it is repeated.
The author used the same word it at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Train;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.