This is an analysis of the poem A Man's A Sliding Mood that begins with:
Ardent in love and cold in charity,
Loud in the market, timid in debate:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaaXbcbXbcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001110100 1001010001 1001100001 1100010100 010101010010 1101010011 1001010100 1001010101 1011010111 0001000101 1010010101 11010111011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 496
- Average number of words per stanza: 92
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Man's A Sliding Mood;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.