This is an analysis of the poem Stanzas To Love that begins with:
TELL ME, LOVE, when I rove o'er some far distant plain,
Shall I cherish the passion that dwells in my breast?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef gece adad hchgXabab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111111011101 111001011011 101001011001 101101101001 101001111001 100011011011 101101111011 000101101001 111011001101 1011100001001 111011001001 01001011101 00111100100010 11011001001 111011011001 010110011001 101101111001 101001011001 10101011101 101011011001 11110111001 10111011001 101101011001 1010011010010 11111011001 11011001111 100101101001 11011011001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 197
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, his are repeated.
The author used the same word when at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Stanzas To Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.