This is an analysis of the poem Stanzas To Flora that begins with:
LET OTHERS wreaths of ROSES twine
With scented leaves of EGLANTINE;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXbb ccddee ffggee hhiicc aajjbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 01010101 100011101 01010101 11011101 01010111 11110101 11011101 11110101 10010101 11100111 11000101 11110011 11000101 01010101 01010101 11010101 01010111 11010101 11010001 11110101 01010101 11010101 01011101 11010101 10110101 01111101 11110101 11010111 10011111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 217
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Stanzas To Flora;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.