This is an analysis of the poem Pastoral Stanzas that begins with:
WHEN AURORA'S soft blushes o'erspread the blue hill,
And the mist dies away at the glances of morn;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab acXc dada ecec cdcd ebeb fgfg Xcbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100110100011 101101101001 101101011101 1010001011101 01011101011 11011001011 11001111010 11011011011 101101010111 111111011011 11011001001 101001011001 11101011001 101101011010 101001011011 101001101011 111011011001 11101011001 11001011001 11001011011 101001101101 1010010011011 11001111001 101001111001 111111011011 001001111001 101001111001 101101101101 11111101101 11011011010 1111111010110 101001001011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 198
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, my, of, can are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word can is repeated.
The author used the same word can at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pastoral Stanzas;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.