This is an analysis of the poem George And The Dragon that begins with:
I'll tell you the tale of an old country pub
As fancied itself up to date,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb adXd efgf gcec edXd gbcX cXef XeXX XdcX XbfX dgXX ehXh egXg eXhX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101011101 11001101 010111000111101 101011101 01110100011001 101001111 11101001011 011001101 01001001011 1010011111 111111111000 01101101 11101011001 101011001 111101101011 01011101 11001011001 11001001 111101011101 11001001 1111001111001 111101101 1110111000111101 11111011110 111011111011 10110111100 001100111 1010101011010011 111111111110010 11111010101 101001111110 1101111000 101101011011 1010100011 111111011111 11101111110 1110110111110 101111001 1010010111101 11101011 1011011101001 101101111 111111110 11101110110110 011011111001 11100001 110111111011 11001001 11111011001 11001101 101101101001 11101101 1111110011110101 101011101 1011111001101 101110110100
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 191
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, he, said, your, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words he, and are repeated.
The author used the same words the, he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines joe is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of George And The Dragon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.