This is an analysis of the poem My Life that begins with:
The huge doll of my body
refuses to rise....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabc aXde fcce cXca Xbaf bXdb dgbg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110110 01001 1101010 110 1111101 1010111 1111 11011 11111001 11001110 0100101110 11111 1110 1101010 1010 1011110011 11 110001 10001 1111 0100101 001111101 101 101101 110011 1101 110100101 1001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Life;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.