This is an analysis of the poem Woolworth's that begins with:
for Greg Fallon
A kid yells "Mother Fucker" out the school bus window....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a Xabcdeb af Xbdfbcddagd XbXabXXbe Xdgdgaa Xa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,7,2,11,9,7,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110 011100100101110 11110010001011101010010 111010101 010101110101100 010101010101011110 10001111010101111100001 101010101 00101001111010 11110101000001001010 1111011101010101 1101011110010010 001001010101 01010101100110 0111101111 110110010 110101010001011 10011101011 0101011001 10011110 011111 1101110011 1001111101010110 1110101010010100 0110111011100 0100101000101 11000110101001100 10101011101011 010101101110 1101111011 11111 10001110 0101111 0101011 10101100 10110 11001 0100010
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 254
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, or are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Woolworth's;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.